Thursday 11 June 2015

Lost and Found

This week Year 3 have been writing poetry inspired by World War One. We have been thinking about how the soldiers and their families felt about them returning after the war had ended.

Boom! The big nasty bombs slid across the dangerous no mans land.
The terrible, damp trench was a galaxy of evil people.
Bang! I could hear sniper guns being fired by the grumpy Germans.

My cosy, warm, turquoise cottage is calling me with tears.
My wonderful wife is patiently waiting for me.
The children are cheeky monkeys excited to see me.
At last I will be home.
Ryan

Boom! The bog black bombs skid across the dark brown mud.
The terrifying, tired trenches were a mad prison with angry rude rats.
The rats were scary ghosts creeping around you.
If you try to get out the guards will kill you.
Memories are haunted by my lost best friends.
At last I am free from the terrifying chains.
Olivia


No comments:

Post a Comment