Friday 3 October 2014

London Calling!

This week year three have been learning about instructions. We started the week by learning how to follow instructions carefully and picked out the features.
 
Then we wrote a description of a skyscrapper! Next week we will be writing instructions for how to build them and for how to travel to them in London! So keep your eyes peeled!

Have you ever seen such a tall glistening building? Standing straight, the skyscrapper marches through London like a brave soldier. Angrily, it pierces the white fluffy clouds to heavy tears. Scared, tourists run past despite the building being a gentle giant. Also, it is a teacher guiding its pupils. Eventually, the smell of smoky gas swims through the air and invades my nose. Grandly, the huge skyscrapper over looks the city.  Natasha (3B)
 
Have you ever seen an amazing skyscrapper? The wind kisses the tiles of the exterior. At night the skyscrapper pierces the stars. I can smell the smoky London gas invading my nose. Reflecting, the tiles insult my eyes. Daniel (3B)
 
Shiny skyscrappers in the fog look invisible and cut the clouds. I can smell red burning hot dogs being cooked. Glass stairs are growing into the sky. Katelyn (3B)



1 comment:

  1. I liked your adverbs. Temitola (4E)
    Great job describing what you smelt. Rebecca (4E)
    I liked your choice of words, especially 'insult.' Ellen (4E)
    Great choice of adjectives. Rachael (4E)
    I liked how you opened with a rhetorical question. Ribu (4E)

    ReplyDelete